Walking and Hiking Bol and island Brac
Walking and hiking in Bol are excellent ways to experience the natural beauty of the island of Brac and the town of Bol. The island Brac is home to a diverse range of terrain, including forests, hills, and rocky landscapes, which provide a variety of trails for hikers of all skill levels.
One popular destination for hikers is the Vidova Gora, the highest peak on the island, which offers panoramic views of the surrounding islands and the Adriatic Sea. The peak can be reached via a challenging hike, but the reward of the breathtaking views at the top is worth the effort.
In addition to mountain hiking, there are also many opportunities for leisurely walks along the island’s coast and through its charming towns and villages. The island’s Mediterranean climate makes it a pleasant place to walk year-round.
Whether you’re an experienced hiker or simply looking for a peaceful way to explore the island, walking and hiking in Bol and Brač are excellent options.
Advice for hiking the trails around Bol, hiking on island Brač and Dalmatia
- Choose the trail according to your fitness level and the time available for the hike or a walk.
- Avoid hiking or walking in the sun during hot summer months between 11:00 and 17:00!
- Tell your family, friends, or host you are hiking or walking and which trail you will hike or walk.
- Avoid hiking or walking in the wild alone.
- Always stay on marked routes.
- Use comfortable and rigid shoes with ribbed soles.
- Always take enough water, a battery-powered lamp, a lighter or matches, and a small first-aid kit.
- Note that making open fire is forbidden in Croatia! In case of an emergency, if you need fire, isolate it and be overprotective around the fire. In Dalmatia, fire can spread fast, especially during hot and dry summer months!!!
- Have your mobile phone fully charged before going hiking or walking!
- Take a spare clothing, cap, sun protection, windproof/waterproof protection, and be ready for weather change!
In case of an accident
- Administer first aid!
- Protect the injured person(s) from heat or cold.
- Notify Mountain Rescue Service by calling 112
Trails info for hiking in Bol
The Blaca Hermitage is one of the most remarkable attractions on the island of Brac and one of the hidden gems of Croatia. It offers
Zmajeva spilja, also known by its official name Drakonjina špilja (translated to Dragon’s Cave), is a fascinating natural wonder located on the island of Brač, near the village of Murvica, Croatia.
Here you can see the route and directions for hiking from Bol to Vidova Gora mountain, which is Bol’s most popular hiking route. The hike is 5